This is my repodcast with Amy Emberling, Managing Partner of Zingerman’s Bakehouse and Candy Manufactory.
Amy Emberling, Managing Partner of Zingerman’s Bakehouse, has been an avid food lover and baker since her childhood in Nova Scotia, Canada where she often treated friends to after-school concoctions. She grew up in a family business and always hoped to have her own business one day.
In addition to her work at the Bakehouse, Amy also teaches seminars for ZingTrain in two seminars: Leading with Zing and Bottom Line Training. She is also one of the partners of Zingerman’s Candy Manufactory (with Charlie Frank), which was developed in the bakery.
In this episode we talk a bit about:
- Letting systems help during those times when your people aren’t at their best.
- Finding and hiring the right kind of people.
- One way of defining success for each member of your team.
- Training systems
- Culture and pulling dissenting opinions to make the team stronger.
- Having the difficult conversations.
- Keeping excitement and focus for a long term vision.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- A process for nurturing change within your organizationSuccession planning and what keeps Amy inspired to keep improving