In this episode, James Lehman talks about
- Organizational Development basics and how it applies to organizations of all sizes.
- The importance of employee engagement.
- Creativity, Innovation, and Ideas – the biggest fear of some managers?
Questions for you to consider:
- James spoke about HR keeping the C-Level leadership accountable to the behavior reflecting the company values and culture. Do you allow your people to keep you accountable to your core values or will you hold it against them? Do they know they have this freedom?
- How are you showing up daily to your people?
- As crazy as it sounds, James suggests that some leadership may be intimidated by new ideas because it could lead to problems or failures. Are you truly open to new ideas and experimentation?
James K. Lehman is an Award-Winning Author, Speaker, Workshop Leader, and a Life & Career Transition Coach. After starting his career as a CPA, he transitioned into consulting, and then HR, focusing on HR Transformation.
James is the author of “Maneuvering Your Career – 20 Strategies to Prepare You for Voluntary (or Involuntary) Career Transition.” He is a SPHR, a Certified Professional Coach, and Energy Leadership Index Master Practitioner. He also serves on the International Association for Human Resource Information Management (IHRIM) Board of Directors.
I’ve been asking for reviews of the podcast, this is still important. However, for the next few months, my goal is to increase the number of subscribers to the podcast. Increasing this number will help people find it and also draw in opportunities for more guests to provide valuable content. Getting to the number of subscribers is a challenge, so I will use average downloads per episode to help measure this. Once I hit 100 downloads, on average, per episode, I will have a drawing for a book on company culture/employee engagement.
If you’re already subscribed, thank you and share this with as many of your peers who you believe would benefit. If you’re not subscribed, I’ll provide a link in the show notes or you can go to http://inspiredandintentional.com/episode18 and clink the link. These links will lead you to itunes where you can subscribe to the Inspired and Intentional Toddcast.
Thank you so much for reading and listening and until next time, be inspired and intentional.
Gallup says 70% of US employees are disengaged from their work. This causes, what Ari Weinzweig calls an energy crisis in the workplace. Lost innovation, productivity and profits. Not to mention the tolls on the communities.
There are companies and organizations working to improve this. they are creating more open and collaborative work environments. They are realizing that treating people with dignity and providing meaningful work can be done while also running a financially solid organization.
My hope with this podcast is to inspire leaders, entrepreneurs, and those coming into leadership through transition, to make intentional choices to balance profit and social impact.
The inspired and Intentional podcast is copyright 2016 by its owner. The music is Funk Game Loop, Kevin MacLeod Royalty Free from Incompatech. Thank you for sharing your talent.
iTunes Subscription page – https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/inspired-intentional-business/id1049626659?mt=2
Website – http://inspiredandintentional.com/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/ToddAReed
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/toddareed