Welcome to part 2 with Cindy Stein, Greene County Missouri Auditor since 1994.
We’ll continue our conversation with Cindy today about how the Great Game of Business is being implemented in the Greene County Government.
Social Friendly Shareables:
“Are your employees bringing solutions to the organization’s problems?”
“Moody’s cites Open Book Management as one of the reason’s Greene County has come out of it’s economic troubles.”
“It’s not the leadership, it’s the Greene County employees that got us to a better place financially.”
“Not only did we improve cash balance, but we also had 18 pages of efficiency improvements.”
“Getting fully engaged employees involved in projections helps expedite the budgeting process.”
- “Are your employees bringing solutions to the organization’s problems?”
- Cash balance is the critical number Greene County focused on for the first couple of years. Entrepreneurs, what is your number that is critical to your survival and ultimately growth? What departmental/division critical numbers do you have that can tie into a bigger critical number?
- Should you come up with this number or your team?
- Cindy speaks a lot about projections and how it helps stave off problems and helps expedite the budgeting process. How can you engage employees to project the numbers that are critical to your business?
- How would this improve your finances and budgeting?
- How can the leadership of the company understand how they fit into the bigger goals of the organization? Could something like HIPS or High Level Planning Sessions help?
The best place to share your answers is on the comments section below. You will also find links to the resources mentioned.
Right now, I’m hyper focused on increasing the number of subscribers to the show. This will help how this shows up on iTunes, making it easier for entrepreneurs, leaders in business and government find the show. There’s currently not a way to see how many subscribers are on iTunes, however, when we reach an average of 200 downloads per episode, I’ll have a drawing for book on this topic. Click the link in the show notes or on the blog that will lead you to the iTunes subscription page.
Next week we’ll conclude our discussion with Cindy as she explains her vision for open book management in government.
Thank you so much for listening and until next time, be inspired and intentional.
The inspired and Intentional podcast is copyright 2016 by its owner. The music is Funk Game Loop, Kevin MacLeod Royalty Free from Incompatech. Thank you for sharing your talent.
Moody’s upgrade of Greene County, Missouri – http://www.greenecountymo.gov/files/PDF/file.pdf?id=2159
Greene County, MO Auditor office info – http://www.greenecountymo.org/auditor/index.php
Greene County, Missouri’s Great Game of Government dashboard – https://www.greenecountymo.org/dashboard/ggg.php
Twitter – https://twitter.com/ToddAReed
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/toddareed